As Lauryn Hill once said, after winter must come spring. And what better way to welcome the changing of the seasons than with ice cream sandwiches? The tricky part is finding a tasty ice cream sandwich that isn't filled with processed ingredients. Thanks to our friend Shannon at Another Hungry Vegan, we now have a deliciously wholesome solution. You'll be hooked once you try these homemade vegan chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches made with Salazon Chocolate. Big Wheels, step aside...
What You'll Need
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup unbleached, vegan sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 Salazon Chocolate bar, finely chopped
- 1 pint of your favorite vegan ice cream
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350º and mixing the sugar, coconut oil and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Add in the flour, baking powder, salt and water. Mix until a doughy consistency forms. Fold in the chopped Salazon Chocolate until well-combined.
- Place the rounded dough onto a greased or lined cookie sheet, forming 6 uniform larger pieces of dough. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cookies are fully cooked and slightly browned. Be careful not to overcook.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely. Let the ice cream thaw slightly before assembling the cookies. Remove the top lid of the ice cream pint, then using a serrated knife slice about 1/2 an inch off the top to make the sandwich filling. To assemble, sandwich the ice cream (removing the carton around the section) between the two cookies and smush lightly.
- To store, wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and an airtight container or store in a plastic bag. Allow to thaw slightly if serving them straight from the freezer. Split with someone, or enjoy all for yourself!
Want to try this recipe for yourself? Take 10% off your Salazon Chocolate order with discount code RECIPECHOCOLATE
No comments. Please feel free to be the first.