Looking for a quick energy boost? The humble date may be just what you need. Dates are high in fiber, high in simple carbohydrates, low in fat, and cholesterol free. The carbohydrates in dates are made up of mostly simple sugars, which are quickly and easily converted in to glucose for cells to use as energy. Eating them before and after exercise helps fortify and replenish energy levels, so it's no surprise that dates are a go-to trail snack for countless outdoor enthusiasts. With this is mind, our friend Beth created a recipe for delicious Salazon Chocolate date energy bars.
What You'll Need
- (3) 9oz bags of dates
- ⅔ cup organic peanuts, unsalted
- 1 cup Salazon Chocolate (2 bars)
- ¼ cup organic shredded coconut
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- pinch of sea salt
2. Next, add dates, ¼ cup Salazon Chocolate, seeds, flakes, and salt and blend until a soft ball forms.
4. Melt ¾ bar of Salazon Chocolate with 1 tsp organic coconut butter in double broiler until just melted. Drizzle over frozen date bars and freeze for another 15 minutes.
5. Let sit for 20 minutes then cut and wrap bars and keep refrigerated for up to two weeks.
No comments. Please feel free to be the first.