This quick, easy recipe for healthy dark chocolate granola bars is made with wholesome ingredients and no refined sugar. Many thanks to our friend Susan at Our Family Eats for providing this fantastic recipe!
Makes 12 bars or about 24 squares
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats (use gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal (also called ground flax seed)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour (you can use an all purpose baking mix like Pamela’s)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup local honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bar Salazon Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat an 8″x11″ baking pan with coconut oil, or alternatively you can cover it with parchment paper.
- Place all ingredients except Salazon Chocolate into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse for 20-30 seconds, or until mixture comes together and begins to form a ball.
- Use your fingers to press mixture evenly into pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.
- Let granola bars cool completely before cutting into bars or squares.
- Melt Salazon Chocolate either in microwave (at 30 second intervals), or over a double boiler.
- Use a spoon to drizzle Salazon Chocolate over cooled granola bars.
- Let sit about 20 minutes until Salazon Chocolate sets.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Want to try this recipe for yourself? Take 10% off your Salazon Chocolate order with discount code RECIPECHOCOLATE
No comments. Please feel free to be the first.