Prep Time Cook Time Total Time
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup shredded coconut (plus extra toasted coconut for garnishing)
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seed mixed with 4 tbsp. water
- 5 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 bar 72% Organic Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt & Coconut
- ½ cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- ¾ cup white sugar (free of bone-char)
- Heat your oven to 350F. Line an 8” square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the ground flax seed and water. Let stand for 10-15 minutes or until the ground flax absorbs the liquid.
- Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and shredded coconut) in a bowl. Mix thoroughly to ensure that no lumps remain in the cocoa.
- In a separate bowl, melt together the Salazon Chocolate with the coconut oil. Whisk in the sugar, as well as the almond milk.
- Add the wet Salazon Chocolate mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake at 350F for 20-22 minutes. The brownies should be opaque and only jiggle slightly when you shake the pan.
- Once the brownies are out of the oven, sprinkle them with toasted coconut and press it lightly into them so it sticks. Cool, slice and eat. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days if not eating immediately.
If you want to make the brownies even more chocolatey, stir ½ cup chopped Salazon Chocolate into the batter prior to baking. Alternatively, you could also melt another ½ bar of Salazon Chocolate into the batter itself for a more fudgy outcome.
Want to try this recipe for yourself? Take 10% off your Salazon Chocolate order with discount code RECIPECHOCOLATE
No comments. Please feel free to be the first.