Salazola…yea I know it’s a stretch, but give me a break – it’s the best I could come up with on short notice. Besides, as unique (and delicious) as this granola recipe is, no name would do it justice. But if you do decide to rename this creation, don’t worry, we won’t be offended.
Granola is the ultimate trail snack. It’s high in fiber, protein, and healthy whole grains – aka the perfect energy-boosting solution to leave you satisfied, without all the guilt. But store-bought granola can be expensive, so here’s a quick, affordable DIY alternative that beats anything you’ll find on the shelves.
What you’ll need
- 2 Salazon Chocolate bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans (raw)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (raw)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (raw shelled)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (raw shelled)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 medium banana
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 cup unfiltered apple juice or apple cider
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Large mixing bowl, blender, 2 cookie sheets, parchment paper, spatula
Voilà, c'est fini! Take Granola À La Salazola along on the trail or enjoy at home. It works for any occasion!
Want to try this recipe for yourself? Take 10% off your Salazon Chocolate order with discount code RECIPECHOCOLATE
No comments. Please feel free to be the first.