Need a rich, delicious drink to warm you up and put you in the holiday mood this winter? Should I mention that you can make this drink with Salazon Chocolate? We thought that’d get you interested. Whether you’re inside, outside, stoveside, or fireside, here’s a simple, authentic hot chocolate recipe that everyone will love.
What you’ll need:
- 1 bar Salazon Chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp. table salt
- A small saucepan, sharp knife, whisk, bowl, and of course, mugs!
- ⅓ cup heavy cream & 1 tbsp. sugar for whipped cream
- ¼ tsp. coarse sea salt for garnish
Spices: cayenne pepper (a pinch), ground nutmeg (½ tsp.), and cinnamon (1 tsp.)
This recipe makes 2-3 servings (Note: you can skip the heavy cream and use only milk for a lighter alternative. Our vegan friends can substitute soy or almond milk for milk and heavy cream.)
- Pour the milk and cream into your saucepan and heat over medium-low, making sure that the mixture does not boil (boiling milk will negatively affect the texture and flavor). Stir often.
- Now it gets interesting. While the milk and cream are heating, take out your Salazon Chocolate bar and chop it into small pieces.
- Time for a quick workout…add ⅓ cup of heavy cream to a bowl, about 1 tbsp. of sugar, and whisk vigorously until peaks form.
- When the milk begins to steam, add the salt, spices, and chopped Salazon Chocolate – set aside a few pieces of chocolate for garnish. Reduce heat to low and whisk the mixture until the chocolate has completely melted and blended with the milk and cream.
- Remove from the heat and pour into your mugs. Add a spoonful of whipped cream and sprinkle with the Salazon Chocolate garnish and coarse sea salt.
- Share with friends and loved ones…Or drink it all and tell them to go make their own!!!
Want to try this recipe for yourself? Take 10% off your Salazon Chocolate order with discount code RECIPECHOCOLATE